The following student appearance guidelines must be adhered to by all students at all times:
- A student's hair needs to be clean and tidy - short enough to ensure it does not touch his shirt collar
- Hair should be no shorter than a number 2 and should not be long enough to be tied up in any form
- The student's fringe should be short enough to ensure hair is kept out of his eyes when combed straight down
- Natural hair colour must be maintained (no dyed hair)
- Plaits, braids, spikes, side shavings and long fringes are not permitted
- Sideburns must not extend beyond the earlobe
- All students must be clean shaven
- Tattoos are not permitted
- Body piercing is not permitted
Regulation sandals are McKinlay Safari. Winter and Formal shoes must be black, leather lace-up only. No suede, designed, rimmed or slip-on shoes are allowed. Shoes must be clean and polished at all times.
Sandals only are available at the College Uniform Shop (we do not stock shoes). The School Uniform Centre (553 Remuera Road) stocks a full range of McKinlays shoes and sandals; Sacred Heart families are entitled to a 10% discount on presentation of a voucher which can be obtained from the Uniform Shop.